Nishaant Singh the son of Mardalaacharya Kaajee Singh is an upcoming Pakhawaj artiste born and brought up in the Musicians family at Kalimpong, India. Nishaant belongs to a famous Traditional Folk Musical Family, carrying out the lineage since last four generations.
Nishaant started his Musical career with Tabla since childhood at the tender age of four under his father’s guidance and also follows the same Folk singing tradition of his Family as well. Nishaant has been guided by his father to accompany in light Aadhunik songs and started with his professional studio recording career at the age of 14 at Mumbai.
Later at the age of 17 Nishaant took his Tabla Taleem from Guru Late Shri Pratap Singh (A.I.R. Kurseong). Nishaant joined Visva-Bharati University and did his Degree in Tabla/Pakhawaj from the year 2003-2005 (B.Mus.) 2005-2007 (M.Mus.), where he had a wonderful opportunity to learn the Traditional Pakhawaj Parampara of Lala Keval Kishan Gharana under the guidance of Pandit Chanchal Kr. Bhattacharya since last 12 years; the oldest in India and the only Pakhawaj Tradition of Bengal.
Nishaant is an ‘A’ graded Pakhawaj artiste of Cine Musicians Association, Film Industry Mumbai as well as a Graded artiste of A.I.R. in Folk Song and Shree Maadal. He has been frequently performing Pakhawaj in DD Bharati and also playing in background score music for Bollywood and regional Films in different languages.
Awards and recognitions received by Nishaant
– National Scholarship Holder for the year 2005-2007 under the guidance of Guru Pandit Chanchal Kr. Bhattacharya;
– ANIL KUMAR JHUNNAA FOUNDATION felicitated by Gold medal for Encouragement and best Solo performance (Pakhaawaj),
– ALL INDIA DHRUPAD MELA, Varanasi, 2009 and 2011;
– North East Zone Cultural Centre (NEZCC) for young Talented Artiste March 13th 2007;
– Recognition received from The Atlas Football Club part of International Cervantino Music Festival in Mexico subject Pakhawaj;
– Recognition from the International Drum and Cultural Festival, Lamphun, Thailand for subject Pakhawaj
Nishaant has performed in various Programs of Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in India and abroad in MEXICO at six locations – Guadalajara, Guanajuato, Lyon, Monclova, Durango, Torreon, in CANADA at three locations – Toronto, Winnipeg, and Sudbury: Invited to perform as an Indian Govt. Cultural Delegate by the most famous Latin American Festival – Cervantino 2015 in collaboration with ICCR, Govt. of India.
Nishaant has also received an opportunity to accompany Pakhawaj with living Legends like Padmashree Umakant and Ramakant Gundecha (Gundecha Brothers), Dagar Brothers, Pandit Birju Maharaj, Taal Vadya Kutcheri with Pandit Tanmoy bose, Vidwan VV Ramanamurthy, Vidwan Guru Prasanna, Ustad Aashish Khan.
Nishaant is he only Gorkha from Kalimpong Performing with Ustad Aashish Khan in New Delhi.
30,365 total views, 3,922 views today